Table of Contents
Digital Marketing Advantage For Sustainable Competitive
Digital Marketing Advantage For Sustainable Competitive – It’s incredible how often I have conversations with people who focus solely on how they can invest $1 and get back $3 or more in a month or less.
Sounds great, of course, but the problem is that every single one of your competitors is probably chasing that same $3, so finding these opportunities and successfully executing on them is a lot harder than it sounds.
Contrast that with the concept of investing in projects that don’t have a payment for six months or more.
There are far fewer companies willing to do that, but here’s the thing: That’s what makes these opportunities so unique.
Imagine the benefits if you focus your energy in a direction that most of your competition is unwilling to take.
Advantage For Sustainable Competitive
1. Become Seen As A Leading Authority
Can you (or your business) become the one that the media and influencers ask for appointments to include in their content?
- In many industries, this will result in incredible visibility on an ongoing basis, as related articles about your market space will generate lots of mentions and links.
- I demonstrated this in our most recent study, Links Still Matter. Get enough links and have a great link profile, which makes this lead so crucial to your digital marketing strategy.
- Create enough of a gap in that link profile, and it can take years for a competitor to catch up.
2. Create Vastly Superior Content
There are many ways to do this, such as collecting many user reviews (examples: Amazon and TripAdvisor).
- The number of studies available and the quality of those reviews is a clear differentiator for these two companies, and it’s challenging for anyone else to replicate what they have.
- Another idea is to invest heavily in excellent content. E.g. consider the example of retail sites.
- SEOs have long noted the challenge of having the same product descriptions as many other companies selling the same product.
- It led many companies to invest in rewriting those product descriptions, but in the end, their rewritten content presented no new information.
- That is NOT far superior content; it’s just a new way to rotate elements.
- Instead, consider getting expert opinions on using the product or service on the page. Or have users contribute content about how they’re using the product.
- None of these is easy to do, but if you invest in it and your competition doesn’t, you can gain a critical edge over the competition.
- Another way to achieve this is to invest in a high-end content marketing strategy constantly. With our investments in data-driven studies, this is a big focus for Stone Temple.
3. Rule A Social Media Platform
Of course, it would probably be challenging for you to establish a dominant presence on Facebook.
- A lot of your competition is already there, and you may be active there, too, so it’s a bit late to decide to do it on Facebook.
- But consider adopting a new and upcoming platform that others are not yet active on.
- When social media platforms are unique, and their level of adoption is uncertain, it’s straightforward to build an incredible presence there.
- Early adopters of a new social player quickly flock to brands that embrace the new platform and its unique features.
- But as the social media site/app becomes more established, this is no longer as easy to replicate.
4. Build A Passionately Loyal Audience
- It includes many elements that people sometimes refer to as “brand” or “reputation.” The underlying core concept relates to the sense of connection.
- Your target audience has to your business or the loyalty or attachment they feel towards it.