Integrating Google Calendar App With Slack
Integrating Google Calendar App With Slack Many creative people love using Slack because it has many features and integrations.
For example, one of the services you can integrate with Slack is Google Calendar.
What is slack integration?
Slack integrations are add-ons and bespoke applications that allow you to link Slack to various business tools.
Integrations like these can send you notifications, make it easier to access other apps within the app, and combine data from several sources.
Slack has three different integration options:
- Slack includes built-in integrations with over 60 partners at writing, many of which small businesses are familiar with and use daily.
- If This Then That (IFTTT) and Zapier are two services that can help you automate your tasks.
- To link Slack with various other systems and solutions, you can utilize IFTTT recipes and Zapier zaps. Slack integrations can be extended in over 500 different ways right now.
- Create your integrations using Slack. Like Slackbot, Amazon SQS, etc.
How to integrate Slack?
It’s pretty simple to install a Slack integration (or a dozen). The Slack App Directory, an online marketplace with a wide range of integrations, is where users can get them.
Additions are available for a wide range of applications. In addition, various tools are available to help you save time and work more effectively, from calendars to accounting.
As you complete the installation process, each integration will have instructions for you to follow.
The majority, however, entails the steps below:
- Click the “Login to Install” option after choosing an integration. The button will say “Open in Slack” if you’re already signed in.
- You will be able to click ‘Open in Slack’ after signing in, and the integration will be displayed in your Slack window.
- Typically, it will describe the integration, provide Slack shortcodes (if the app uses them), and ask you to authorize it.
- You have finished! Just click “Authorize.”
- You’ll remain on your way to a more integrated interface tailored to your specific needs with just a few clicks.
Steps to Integrate Google calendar with Slack
Google Calendar syncs your daily schedule with your Slack workspace and sends status updates, reminders, and event changes to your inbox.
Unity of the most valuable features of Google Calendar allows users to accept or decline event requests and create new events with just a few clicks.
You can connect your Google Calendar to your Slack status, so your team knows when you’re not available to communicate. In addition, you no longer have to update your status manually; these updates will be automatic, saving you time.
Plus, you can get notifications in Slack when a meeting starts. Here in the Slack notice, you’ll find all the information you need, including a link or dial-in number to attend a Hangout, Zoom, Webex, or Microsoft Teams meeting.
1. Install the Google calendar app
- Someone in your workspace must install the Google Calendar app before you can use it in Slack. Followers can sync their calendars with Slack after installing the app.
- Trendy the Slack app directory, go to the Google Calendar page.
- Here add to Slack by clicking the Add to Slack button. Allow Google Calendar to access Slack by clicking Allow.
- Here to return to your workspace, click Open Slack when prompted.
2. Connect Slack to Google calendar
Later you’ve installed the Google Calendar software in your workspace, follow the steps below to connect your account:
- Click Applications on the left sidebar of your desktop. And, if this option isn’t visible, go to More and look for it.
- Exposed Google Calendar by searching for it and selecting it. Click Connect an account in the app’s Start menu and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Here return to your workspace by clicking Slack Open.
- Tap Jump at the top of the screen and search for Google Calendar from the Home tab.
- To open the app, tap Google Calendar. Next, tap Connect Calendar from the app’s Home menu and follow the directions. Finally, don’t forget to tap Done.
Also Read: How Do We Grow More Story Views on Instagram? – Posting, Viewing, and More
Review Integrating Google Calendar App With Slack – Slack Integration, and More.