The Steps to Set Your Slack Status Automatically During WFH
The steps to Set Your Slack Status Automatically During WFH – As more and more people find themselves stuck working from home for the foreseeable future.
An ever-growing number of Slack users are now faced with the same problem:
What is slack?
Slack integrations are add-ons and bespoke applications that allow you to link Slack to various business tools. Integrations like these can send you notifications, make it easier to access other apps within the app, and combine data from several sources.
Slack has three different integration options:
- Slack includes built-in integrations with over 60 partners at writing, many of which small businesses are familiar with and use daily.
- If This Then That (IFTTT) and Zapier are two services that can help you automate your tasks. To link Slack with various other systems and solutions, you can utilize IFTTT recipes and Zapier zaps.
- Slack integrations can be extended in over 500 different ways right now.
- Create your integrations using Slack. Like Slackbot, Amazon SQS, etc.
How to set your Slack status?
Here open Slack, tap your name in the top left corner and click Set a rate to set your Slack status. Here you can also use the keyboard shortcut APPLE Shift Y on Mac and Ctrl-Shift Y on Windows.
- However, you can select one of the suggested status updates, which a Workspace Owner or Admin can customize if you’re on a company Slack account. Or you can set your status. Type in what you’re doing and select an emoji that fits.
- However, that emoji will now show up beside your name in Slack. Here your colleagues can hover over it to see your status.
- However, if they search for your name in Slack, they’ll also see it, which might keep them from messaging you if your status is “OOO” or “In a meeting.”
- Here you can set how long you want your status to stay up or select Don’t clear to keep it up indefinitely.
- If you don’t choose a time for your group to clear, it will remain at the default Today setting, which removes your status at the end of the day.
- By default, Slack will change your status to “On a call” if you’re on a Slack call and then switch back to your regular rate afterward.
- Here if you don’t want Slack to change your situation, you can turn this feature off from Slack’s Advanced preferences menu.
How to automatically set your Slack status?
The uncertainty you often forget to update your Slack status when you get back from lunch or out of a meeting—or you’d rather not have to think about it—you can use Zapier to set your Slack status.
With Zapier’s automated workflows, you can connect your calendar, to-do list, and other tools to Slack to make sure your status always reflects what you’re doing right now. First, however, check out some of the different ways Zapier can automatically set your Slack group below.
Also Read: How to Sync Your Outlook Calendar With Slack Automatically? – Connection, and More
Review The Steps to Set Your Slack Status Automatically During WFH – Slack Status, and More.